Further to my earlier post today, an amendment to the proposed Suffolk County Council budget has been proposed by the Liberal Democrats for discussion at the council meeting next Thursday.
Lib Dem group leader Kathy Pollard says, that if adopted, it would:
- Keep all libraries open
- Retain school crossing patrols
- Retain funding for youth clubs
- Maintain subsidised bus service to rural communities
- Keep the eXplore student discount travel card
- Reopen Bury Road Park and Ride service
- Keep open all Household Waste Recycling centres by reducing hours
- Retain Fire Control in Suffolk
- Keep Felixstowe Fire Station as full time on weekdays and retained at weekends
- Retain the Fire Service’s Ipswich Aerial Appliance
- Retain the service of checking overloaded lorries
She also lists on her blog savings that could be made to finance the retention of services.
The Lib Dems have only 11 councillors to the Conservatives’ 55. Labour has 4 and the Greens 2. But it will be valuable to have an alternative plan laid out. Let’s hope the costing are fully explained.